We are pleased to announce that Studio in a School’s ARTS Intern Program is now accepting applications for paid summer internships for summer 2015, providing exciting opportunities for students to work in New York City museums.
This year, participating institutions include:
El Museo del Barrio
The International Center for Photography
Museum of the Moving Image
The Noguchi Museum
The Queens Museum of Art
The Rubin Museum of Art
Studio Museum in Harlem
The Frick Collection
American Folk Art Museum
The Brooklyn Museum
Students may visit the site, www.artsintern.org, to review the available positions and eligibility requirements. If interested, students should apply directly to the museum contact listed for each position, not to ArtsIntern. Museums conduct their own selection process.
Please share this information with students whom you think might be looking for an exciting opportunity to work in the arts this summer!
· Students must be attending a college or university within the five boroughs of New York City, or must be residents of New York City.
· Applicants must be enrolled full time, entering their sophomore, junior or senior year as candidates for an undergraduate degree.
· Applicants must demonstrate financial need by submitting appropriate documentation along with their application Please note, this internship is only available to students receiving financial aid and have an EFC of $7,000 or less. Students should have filed a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the most recent academic year. Their Student Aid Report (SAR) must indicate an Expected Family Contribution (EFC) of $7,000 or less. Candidates will submit their SAR as a PDF document along with their cover letter, resume, and transcript. Students who do not meet this qualification will not be considered for an interview.
· Accepted interns commit to participate in all group programs offered by the program and complete all 9 weeks of the internship.
· Applicants may be accepted from all areas of undergraduate study and need not have experience in the arts or prior experience.
ARTS INTERN at Studio in a School
410 W. 59th St
New York, NY 10019