Business Boot Camp for Liberal Arts Students at Brooklyn College
The Magner Center for Career Development and Internships is pleased to offer a boot camp this January 17, 2013 to familiarize liberal arts students with a variety of industries and to help ease the transition from college to career.
Boot Camp participants will:
· Increase awareness of exciting and doable career paths for liberal arts students within business fields.
· Participate in an interactive and resume-building training with the Dale Carnegie company on transferable skills for the job market.
· Better understand terminology, job functions, and skill sets valued by employers in business, finance, management consulting, human resources, advertising, and more.
· Expand networks with alumni professionals in diverse fields and learn how to leverage these relationships.
· Hear from Keynote Speaker Marge Magner, a Brooklyn College alumna successful in business with a liberal arts background.
· Learn how to become competitive for opportunities after graduation.
Business Boot Camp: An inside look at the corporate world for liberal arts students
This exciting full day career exploration workshop includes presentations facilitated by Brooklyn College business faculty, a leadership training, and networking opportunities with alumni.
Date and Location: Thursday, January 17, 2013 at the Brooklyn College Student Center.
Time: 9am to 5pm (Full day participation is required.)
Please register here:
Space is limited to 50 students! This program is for liberal arts students only. (This includes any degree in the School of Humanities and Social Sciences <mailto:suzanneg> .
Career Education and Training Coordinator
Magner Center for Career Development & Internships
Brooklyn College, CUNY
Office: 1209 James Hall
Direct Line: 718-951-5000 x2240
Magner Center: 718-951-5696
P Please help reduce our impact. Do not print this e-mail unless absolutely necessary.