am forwarding a call for proposals for the Dumbo Arts Festival. If you have any questions about this please contact Zannah Mass.
To the visual arts community, Here are some updates on the Dumbo Arts Festival.
- We are pleased to announce that there will be prizes awarded through this year’s Dumbo Arts Festival (September 24-26) for visual artists.
ONE YEAR RENT-FREE STUDIO + $1,000 CASH TO GRAND PRIZE WINNER&Cash Prizes of $1,000 to be Awarded to Additional Winners Selected by Professional Jury The Grand Prize winner of this year’s festival will receive a donated studio in a building owned by Two Trees, free of rent for one year. The studio represents an in-kind donation by Two Trees of approximately $30,000. The studio will have natural light and be at least 750 rentable square feet and likely larger A professional jury will select the Grand Prize winning visual artist in one of the following categories: Best Outdoor Public Art Installation,Best Indoor Public Art Installation, and Best Open Studio. The Grand Prize winner will also receive a $1,000 cash prize as will the two winners of the remaining categories.
- REMINDER – THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMITTING FESTIVAL PROPOSALS IS STILL JUNE 1ST. (Further details are below.)
- DEADLINE FOR OPEN STUDIO SIGN-UP: JULY 15. (Details below.)
Check the DUMBO Arts Festival website regularly for more updates: www.dumboartsfestival.com2010 Dumbo Arts Festival: Instead of being solely visual art-based, the 2010 festival will include a number of other disciplines in order to reflect the talent and expertise in Dumbo and New York City at large. Thus programming will now include music, literature, theatre, dance, film, a digital design industry component, kids’ programming & more.
· This year, as in the past, the festival will include open studios, but the blocks of time in which artists participate can be shorter in order to allow those participating time to work privately and/or enjoy the festival. Additionally, we think this approach can drive traffic better.
· Participation in open studios (& listings) will be free of charge, and we encourage this type of involvement. We’ll drive major traffic here through press, good programming, and word-of-mouth and believe participation will be good exposure for you.
· To sign up (by July 15th please), please include: artist name(s) (& any umbrella organization for the submission such as a residency program), address in Dumbo, artistic discipline, website, and contact information. You will be contacted again via email to confirm time slots for each area/ building but please email firstname.lastname@example.org now if you know you’d be interested in having your studio open. (Do not hit ‘reply’ to this email – we may not get your email.)
PROPOSALS FOR USE OF OTHER SITES
· Proposals must be sent by June 1st via email or mail to Zannah Mass, Cultural Affairs Director, Two Trees, 45 Main St, ste 602, Bklyn, NY 11201 (email@example.com) & include:
o project description
o site specification if any (Available sites to consider include: empty offices/studios/storage rooms, empty retail, lobbies, elevator banks, hallways, streets/city park/Pier 1/Fulton Landing (if permitted), Pearl St Triangle & Archway (TBC), & loading docks)
o imagery (diagrams, sketches, photos)
o artist CV
o installation plan with any space specs & specs on materials
o project budget if any funding were required for the project to be realized
(NO GUARANTY OF ANY FUNDING BEING AVAILABLE)
o website & contact info
· The deadline is June 1st sunrise for proposals (beyond use of one’s own studio). We will contact you by August if your proposal is accepted or if we have questions.
If you have further questions, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org Best regards, Zannah MassCultural Affairs DirectorTwo Trees718.222.2500 email@example.com Kathleen GilrainExecutive Director
Smack Mellon92 Plymouth StreetBrooklyn, NY 11201phone – 718-834-8761fax – firstname.lastname@example.org