Good job for someone with an art background, especially if library work is the way you want to go:
QUEENS COLLEGE ART LIBRARY/ARTCENTER
Queens College Art Library/Art Center is seeking a part-time College Assistant to work 20 hours/week, scheduled by agreement, beginning February 2013 or before. $15-/hour, benefits. Renewable by contract.
The Art Library, among the leading undergraduate art libraries in the New York City metropolitan area, provides resources in the visual arts and material culture that address all aspects of art and architectural history, including theory, criticism, materials, techniques, and practice.
The Art Center, part of the Selma and Max Kupferberg Center for the Visual and Performing Arts at Queens College, is the art gallery of Queens College, focusing on modern and contemporary art.
Position description and duties
Reports to the Head of the Art Library/Director of the Art Center, closely cooperates with the Associate Director and Curator of the Art Center, and provides support to all
Responsibilities will be assigned from the following:
· Assistance with processing Art Library gift materials including
o Bibliographic searching, inventorying, cleaning and arranging
o Occasionally performing basic preservation measures
o Compiling statistics and maintaining inventories
· Web projects including
o Assistance with Art Library’s and Art Center’s webpage design and programming
o Creation of videos, slide shows, etc.
o Developing information and publicity materials
· Research and writing for exhibitions and publications related to the Art Center programming
· Curatorial assistance including
o Program planning and development
o Correspondence with exhibiting and prospective artists
o Exhibition preparation, and installation
· Development and communication assistance including
o Locating sponsorship/cooperation opportunities
o Developing and facilitating educational outreach programs
o Records management, mailing, and distribution of publicity materials
· BA, BFA or equivalent experience; MA, MFA, MLS degree or candidacy, and art experience or interest are preferred
· Advanced computer and graphic design skills, including ability to design and program websites; fluency in Java script, html, other programming languages, Adobe Creative Suite
· Good research and writing skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills, responsible, reliable, detail-oriented
· Familiarity with and enthusiasm for contemporary or modern fine art
· Ability to work flexibly and independently, as well as be part of a team
This is an excellent position for a Library Science, Art History, Art Studio or Museum Studies student looking for experience in working in an art library or gallery. Academic context provides opportunities for intellectual and creative contributions.
To apply, please submit to firstname.lastname@example.org <mailto:artcenter>
a cover letter
names of 3 professional references
sample web work (e.g., a url)
For questions, email@example.com <mailto:artcenter> / 718 997-3770 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.
This reply will go ONLY to the person who posted the original message unless you select ReplyAll.
If you wish to unsubscribe from the CULIBS-L List, please send an E-mail to: "firstname.lastname@example.org" <mailto:> . Within the body of the text, only write the following: "SIGNOFF CULIBS-L".